2013 Committee Assignments
Section 1. The Standing Committees of the Association shall be:
1. Nominating Committee
2. Port Authority
3. Finance Committee
4. Grievance Committee
5. Long Range Planning and Capital Improvement Committee
6. Operations Committee
Unless otherwise provided herein, each Committee shall consist of at least three members of the Corporation, one of which shall be a Chairperson. Husbands, wives or partners of members and also nominees of corporate members may serve on committees. The Committees shall be appointed at the final meeting of the Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the incoming President.
Section 2. The Nominating Committee shall have the following duties and functions
The Nominating Committee shall make as many nominations for election to the Board Directors as it shall in its discretion determine but not less than the number of vacancies that are to be filled. Such nominations may be made from members, as the Committee in its discretion shall determine. Nominations shall be placed on a written ballot as described in Section 5 of this Article X and shall be made in advance of the time fixed in Section 5 for the mailing of such ballots to members.
All elections to the Board of Directors shall be made on written ballots, which shall:
A. Describe the vacancies to be filled
B. Set forth the names of those nominated by the Nominating committee for such vacancies; and
C. Contain a space for a written vote by the members for each vacancy.
D. Such ballots shall be prepared and mailed by the Secretary to the members at least fourteen days in advance of the date set forth therein for a return (which shall be a date not later than the day the Annual Meeting or special meeting called for elections).
Cari Aldrich- Chairperson
• General Manager works directly with the Chairperson. Committee and General Manager each prepare a list of candidates. General Manager will make telephone calls if the committee requests.
• Committee is responsible to get a list of questions for the potential candidates to answer, which will then be used for their profile on the ballot.
Section 3. The Port Authority Committee will consist of three Board members and an Advisory Committee consisting of one person from each pier (one through six), and a person each from the M/G docks and the N docks. The Port Authority Committee and Advisory Committee will meet as often as necessary to review all matters relating to slips, docks, grounds and safety concerns. The Committee will be responsible for the rules and regulations of the marina, their periodic review and make recommendations to the Board for updates. The Port Authority shall advise the Board of matters relating to the facilities and their maintenance and shall make its advisory services available as necessary.
Alan Lendzion- Chairperson
Pier 1 Chuck Maciosek
Pier 2 Skip Ackerman
Pier 3 Mike McMahon
Pier 4 Bob LeBarron
Pier 5 Mark Murray
Pier 6 Dave Andreas
M/G Dock Steve Isakson
N Dock Doug Kovaleski
• It is recommended that the Port Authority/Advisory Committee meet in May and August and provide their written findings/recommendation to the General Manager and the Board of Directors.
• Throughout the season, the Port Authority/Advisory Committee brings issue(s) to the attention of the General Manager; The General Manager conveys to the BOD, the General Manager follows up with issues based on the direction from the BOD.
• The Port Authority/Advisory Committee present suggested changes to the rules and regulations of the marina to the Board of Directors in November and ask for final approval in December each year.
Section 4. The Finance Committee will be chaired by the Treasurer and includes the President, Vice President and an additional Board Member. “Ex officio”, or non-voting members, include the General Manager, Bookkeeper, and an independent accountant. The Committee will establish a proposed budget for each fiscal year and monitor the budget throughout the year. The Finance Committee will meet monthly and advise the Board on all financial and budgetary matters and shall advise as to the establishment of assessments and collections thereof. The Finance Committee shall recommend the annual budget to the Board of Directors and review the financial statement submitted to the Board and its members. The Board of Directors shall have the power to cause a review of the books to be made by an independent public accountant, and shall have the duty to cause a review by an outside accountant to be made of the financial affairs of the corporation when so requested in writing by fifteen of the members entitled to vote. Unless so requested, the Board may have the financial statements of the corporation prepared on a compilation basis.
Chairperson Chas Arend
President Rick Wells
Vice President Greg Bedsted
Board Member Cari Aldrich
Ex officio Rick Chapman
Ex officio Melinda Tasler
Ex officio Ron Leander
• Annual proposed budget is drafted by the end of June, presented and reviewed with the BOD in July, approved by the BOD in August, presented to the membership in September
• The committee meets at 5:00 p.m. prior to the monthly board meetings and more often, if required.
Section 5. The Grievance Committee will address grievances made by members against other members or grievances against the Board and make recommendations to the Board concerning the grievances utilizing the By-Laws, the Agreement, and the rules and regulations of the Corporation as guides for their recommendations. Recommendations for expulsion of a member shall originate with the Grievance Committee to the Board.
Chairperson – Greg Bedsted
Member #2 – Matt Hobson
Member #3 – Monica Liska
• General Manager would likely be the first contact for a person wanting to make a complaint. General Manager would then forward the complaint to the committee, committee would present at the board meeting, and General Manager follows up with issue based on direction from the BOD.
Long Range Planning and Capital Improvement Committee
Section 6. The Long Range Planning and Capital Improvement Committee shall consist of the immediate past President, current President and current Vice President and recommend at least a five year strategic plan each year with scheduled capital improvements and the estimated costs of the improvements. The Committee shall present this plan to the members and Board annually.
Chairperson Barb Piotrowski
Board Contact Rick Wells
Member #3 John Van Nest
Member #4 Bob LeBarron
Member #5 Chas Arend
Member #6 Member at large TBD
Member #7 Member at large TBD
• Committee takes direction from the President on direction the board of directors would like to pursue
• Board contact (President) keeps General Manager informed of the committee focus, direction, needs etc.
• General Manager is invited to all committee meetings.
Section 7. The Operations Committee will meet with the General Manager and advise and provide oversight on operational matters. The Committee will review business developments, report and make recommendations to the Board. This will include all Port insurance policies, including Property, liability, Directors and Officers, life and health as presented by the Manager. The Operations Committee will review the Manager’s proposed employee compensation, reviews and other Human Resources issues. The Operations Committee will guide the Manager in the marketing and promotion of the marina, social events planned for marina members and in setting fees for service, launch/haul out, fuel and ship’s store sales.
Chairperson – Craig Nelson
Member #2 – Bob LeBarron
Member #3 – Dave Andreas
Member #4 – Jeff Todd